I’ve been looking back to Firefox recently, after the latest release of Chrome showing some weird behavior. I am still not sure I want to change my browser, at least not until I am sure I can set it up to my liking. I have not used it for years and the interface have changes quite a bit, successfully mimicking Chrome. Anyway, upon start there were two things that I wanted to change immediately: the window decoration and the so called snippets.
I’ve been doing some disk partitions cloning between disks of different size. I needed to copy the master boot record (MBR), where LILO is, from one disk to another. I searched a bit and found a handy tutorial.
I have a ThinkPad T420, which comes with an Intel Corporation Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless adapter. The card is recognised out of the box, and it connects to my home WiFi. There are two kernel modules loaded:
iwlwifi. Typically, after a minute or two the internet connection becomes so slow that it is virtually lost. I am running Slackware64 14.2 with kernel 4.4.217. It seems I finally found a solution in the Ubuntu forums.
Recently, I’ve noticed that somehow browsing becomes more and more sluggish under Linux. I am using Chromium, from AlienBob. At the same time, using Chrome in Windows scrolls web-pages, such as Imgur or Reddit, much better. I finally googled a bit and it seems I found the solution.
I’ve been using the Webcore fonts available at SBo, since many years and always followed the post-install instructions in the README. However, I decided to post them here, for my own convenience.
Posted in desktop
Tagged fonts, webcore