Convert mp3 tags encoding

I need to change the language encoding of some mp3 files, because they are not displayed properly in Clementine. The song names and albums are in Cyrillic, so I wanted to convert all tags text to CP1251. I googled around and found the solution here. I decided to use the mid3iconv method. I installed mutagen from SBo, and executed the following in the folder with the files:

find . -name "*.mp3" -print0 | xargs -0 mid3iconv -e CP1251 -d

The music in question is Nautilus Pompilius – MP3 КОЛЛЕКЦИЯ. The disc contains several albums and is sold as an mp3 collection.

Leave a comment

Filed under media

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s